Awarding University- Savitribai Phule Pune University
ASM’s College of Commerce, Science & Information Technology (CSIT) is affiliated with one of India’s premier universities, Savitribai Phule Pune University, formally known as University of Pune.
Savitribai Phule Pune University
• Ranked amongst the top 3 universities of India.
• Largest university in the region.
• Rated 5-star university
• The definition of ‘credits’ can be based on various parameters- such as the learning hours put in, learning outcomes and contact hours, the quantum of content prescribed for the course.
• The credit system requires that a student progresses in the academic programmes not in terms of time (semesters/ years), but in terms of courses.
• Each course is assigned a certain credit, depending on the estimated effort put in by a student. When the student passes that course, he/she earns the credits associated with that course.
• In the credit system the emphasis is on the hours put in by the learner and not on the workload of the teacher. Each credit can be visualized as a combination of 3 components like lecture (L) + Tutorials (T) + Practice (Practical/ Project Work) i.e. LTP pattern.
• The effort of the learner for each credit point may be considered to have two parts:
One part consisting of the hours actually spent in the classrooms/ practical/ field work instructions.
The other part consisting of national hours spent by the learner in self- study, in the library, peer interactions, case study, writing of journals and assignments, projects etc. for the completion of that course.
• Full Credit Course
: A course with weightage of 3 credits is considered as a full credit score course. (Except for summer internship project which is a full credit course with 6 credits)
• Half Credit Course
: A course with weightage of 2 credits is considered as a half credit score.
The parent Body of Institute of Computer Studies is Audyogik Shikshan Mandal, which is registered under Society’s Registration Act 1860. The Regd. No. is Maharashtra/1330/Pune /83/ dated 25/03/1983.It is also registered under Bombay Public Trust Act 1950 Regd. No- F 2451/Pune/83/dated 18/05/1983.